This release is a product update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Public SSH key authentication
- You can now run credentialed scans on assets that authenticate users with SSH public key authentication. For information on configuring this feature, see the user's guide, which you can download from the Support page in Help.
AIX enumeration in scan results
- The product now enumerates instances of Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX) operating systems in scan results, expanding your visibility into what platforms are running in your environment.
- Corrective improvements to its internal expert system make the product more reliable when scanning larger sites.
- A UNIX check for vulnerabilities related to writable files now works on Solaris targets.
- The product can now correctly fingerprint a Remote Desktop Protocol service that is running on an unexpected or non-default TCP port.
- The Web spider now tests soft 404 error Web pages for vulnerabilities.