This 2011-02-07 release is a product update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Better presentation of scan data and log information
- All vulnerabilties are now listed with publication dates, ensuring more accurate temporal risk scoring.
- Correction of various misspelled words improves the appearance of vulnerability descriptions.
- Inaccurate messages related to Common Internet File System (CIFS) connections have been eliminated in the scan log.
- Messages related to verbose logging appear in scan results only when they are applicable.
- A vulnerability check of 3COM wireless access points (WAPs) produces fewer errors, making the scan log less cluttered.