This release is a product update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Better coverage for VMWare
- Fingerprinting refinements ensure correct identification of VMWare ESX 3.5 for more accurate scan coverage.
- Correct enumeration of VMware 3.x packages in scan results enables you to keep better track of these applications running in your environment.
Eliminated false positives
- False positives have been corrected for Solaris checks that verify security hardening, so you can confidently assess whether hardening procedures on this platform were successful.
- The product is now able to verify passwords on Linux targets that use the GNU GRand Unified Bootloader (GNU GRUB) package. This prevents false positives for password verification checks on these targets.
Better Web spidering performance
- Web spider scans no longer consume excessive amounts of disk space in certain situations, ensuring that space is free for other important uses.