This release is a product update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Usability improvements in the Web interface
- New design modifications to the security console Web interface make it simpler to activate, renew, or change your license. This helps you to make sure that you have all the features you need assessing and mitigating security risks.
- Instructions in the Web interface for creating user directories for saved reports are now clearer. Additional, detailed instructions are available in the reporting guide, which you can download from the Support page in Help. Creating user directories helps you to organize reports in different categories to make them easier to find. This is especially helpful if your organization generates a high volume of reports.
- A bug fix ensures that the Assets tab is highlighted when you are viewing one of the asset category pages, such as Software or Operating System. This makes it easier to find asset information more quickly.
License renewal via API
- It is now possible to reactivate an expired license through the API. This makes it easy for partners and integrators to extend expired customer licenses.
Eliminated "hanging" spider scans on sites with soft 404 support
- A bug fix eliminates "hanging" Web spider scans on target Web sites that support the soft 404 error code for "not found" pages. This improves overall spidering performance, reduces false positives, and helps you obtain critical scan data more quickly.