This release is a content update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Improved Solaris vulnerability descriptions
- Solaris vulnerability descriptions now have more complete information pertaining to CVSS scores, CVE descriptors, and links. Obsolete patches are no longer reported as "missing". This improved vulnerability data helps you make informed prioritization choices about remediation tasks.
Expanded check coverage
- Expanded check coverage gives you a broader view of security conditions in your environment:
o New version checks are available for PHP.
o New version checks are available for OpenSSL.
Bi-monthly vulnerability check update
- New vulnerability and patch checks bring coverage up to date for the following operating systems and applications:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux
o Cisco devices
o Adobe Reader
o Adobe Flash
These checks help prevent security breaches that could allow hostile parties to take control of affected systems, gain access to confidential data, disrupt business operations, or cause other problems.
New Vulnerability Checks
- This release contains over 90 new vulnerability checks.