This release is a content update.
- Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies.
- Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features.
Expanded check coverage
- Expanded check coverage increases your ability to assess security in your environment:
o New patch-level checks are available for VMWare ESX and ESXi version 4.0 products.
o New remote checks detect issues related to your network, HTTP connections, and other items.
Bi-monthly vulnerability check update
- New vulnerability and patch checks bring coverage up to date for the following operating systems and applications:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux
o Cisco devices
o Adobe Reader
o Adobe Flash
These checks help prevent security breaches that could allow hostile parties to take control of affected systems, gain access to confidential data, disrupt business operations, or cause other problems.
New Vulnerability Checks
- This release contains over 250 new vulnerability checks.