2010-11-10 content update
This Rapid7® NeXpose® release applies vulnerability checks for Patch Tuesday exposures.
These release notes document what's new in the next update to NeXpose. Your NeXpose installation will automatically download and install these updates.
Vulnerability checks for November 2010 Patch Tuesday exposures
- New NeXpose vulnerability checks provide up-to-date Microsoft Patch Tuesday scan coverage for November 2010. Use these checks to verify that the latest Microsoft patches have been applied to system assets.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- How will I know NeXpose has updated with this specific release?
All updates are listed in NeXpose under the News tab.
- Why doesn’t the most recent date on the News page match the dates of the current updates on the Administration page?
You may occasionally notice that the most recent date on the News page does not match the dates of the current updates listed on the general Administration page for the NeXpose Security Console (admin/nsc.html). The dates on the News page are official release dates. The dates on the console Administration page indicate when updates were actually applied to your NeXpose installation.
- What are content updates, and what are product updates?
Content updates include new checks for vulnerabilities, patch verification, and compliance with security policies. Product updates include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features in NeXpose.
- Why are installers not updated with every release?
To help you stay on top of an ever-growing number of security threats, Rapid7 makes the delivery of new security content timely and convenient. After installation and first-time start-up, NeXpose continues to update itself dynamically. This makes it unnecessary for Rapid7 to update installers as frequently as we release new security content. So, you don't have to download installers every time new content is available.
- Does this dynamic self-updating cause NeXpose to restart?
Yes. You may notice NeXpose taking longer to start up the first time after installation. You may also notice it restarting more than once as it completes a required sequence of updates.
- Whom should I contact for more information about this release?
Contact our Technical Support Team at Support@Rapid7.com.