This weekly update brings seven new modules, including exploits for Atlassian Crowd, Openfire, Apple Quicktime, Irfanview, and HP Data Protector.
Additionally, this update resolves three outstanding bugs -- two involving Windows 8 target compatibility and one with tags and special characters.
- Atlassian Crowd XML Entity Expansion Remote File Access by juan vazquez, Thaddeus Bogner, Trevor Hartman, and Will Caput exploits CVE-2012-2926
- Openfire Admin Console Authentication Bypass by h0ng10 and Andreas Kurtz exploits CVE-2008-6508
- Apple QuickTime TeXML Style Element Stack Buffer Overflow by sinn3r, juan vazquez, and Alexander Gavrun exploits CVE-2012-0663
- Irfanview JPEG2000 jp2 Stack Buffer Overflow by juan vazquez, Parvez Anwar, and mr_me exploits CVE-2012-0897
- HP Data Protector Create New Folder Buffer Overflow by sinn3r and juan vazquez exploits CVE-2012-0124
- Windows Gather Unattended Answer File (unattend.xml) Enumeration by sinn3r and Sean Verity
- Windows Gather TCP Netstat by Rob Fuller
Resolved Bugs & Changes
- #7012: Evidence collection works for Windows 8 systems.
- #7011: Browser Autopwn successfully fingerprints IE on Windows 8.
- #6990: Tags can contain special characters.
How to Upgrade
Metasploit Pro is upgraded using the Administration menu and choosing the option Software Upgrade. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video in the Rapid7 Community.
PRO 4.3.0 (any revision) updates to 2012070401
MSF3 4.3.0 (any revision) updates to 2012070401