This update includes 12 new modules, including 3 exploits for Narcissus, Apple QuickTime and NetIQ Privileged User Manager, 8 scanners for Splunk, OpenVAS and SAP and a module for executing commands on authenticated Windows hosts.
In addition, this update fixes bug 7499.
- Narcissus Image Configuration Passthru Vulnerability by sinn3r and Dun exploits OSVDB-87410
- Apple QuickTime 7.7.2 TeXML Style Element font-table Field Stack Buffer Overflow by juan vazquez and Arezou Hosseinzad-Amirkhizi exploits CVE-2012-3752
- NetIQ Privileged User Manager 2.3.1 ldapagnt_eval() Remote Perl Code Execution by juan vazquez and rgod exploits OSVDB-87334
- Microsoft Windows Authenticated Command Execution by Royce @R3dy__ Davis exploits CVE-1999-0504
- Splunk Web interface Login Utility by sinn3r and Vlatko Kosturjak
- OpenVAS gsad Web interface Login Utility by Vlatko Kosturjak
- OpenVAS OMP Login Utility by Vlatko Kosturjak
- OpenVAS OTP Login Utility by Vlatko Kosturjak
- SAP /sap/bc/soap/rfc SOAP Service SXPG_CALL_SYSTEM Function Command Injection by nmonkee
- SAP /sap/bc/soap/rfc SOAP Service SXPG_COMMAND_EXEC Function Command Injection by nmonkee
- SAP /sap/bc/soap/rfc SOAP Service SXPG_CALL_SYSTEM Function Command Execution by Agnivesh Sathasivam and nmonkee
- SAP SOAP RFC SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE by Agnivesh Sathasivam and nmonkee
7499 Fixed failing Fastlib specs on Ruby 1.8.7
How to Upgrade
Metasploit Pro is upgraded using the Administration menu and choosing the option Software Upgrade. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video in the Rapid7 Community.
PRO 4.4.0 updates to 2012112801
MSF3 4.4.0 updates to 2012112801