This Rapid7® Nexpose® 5.7 release includes enhancements to make operations easier, a new report template, and logging improvements.
These release notes document what's new in this Nexpose release. Your Nexpose installation will automatically download and install content updates. If you have enabled Nexpose to install product updates, it will do so as well. For information about restarting Nexpose after updating, see the Nexpose release announcement FAQ.
Making operations easier and faster | product
With a few simple steps you can now perform certain common operations in bulk mode, so that you can complete these tasks more easily and efficiently:
- Remove multiple assets from your Asset Listing tables. You can manually select individual assets or quickly select all assets displayed in a table and delete them together.
- Create multiple vulnerability exceptions or exception requests. You can manually select individual vulnerabilities or quickly select all vulnerabilities displayed in a table and mark all of them to be submitted, approved, or recalled for exclusion.
Tracking vulnerability trends | product
The new Vulnerability Trends report template allows you to view asset and vulnerability trends over a period of time that you can configure, so that you can track the success of your remediation program or changes to your environment and security posture.
Optimizing policy performance | product
New improvements enable you to work with policy scan results more efficiently:
- After applying this update, the Security Console will automatically upgrade existing policy scan data to a new storage structure. The result of this upgrade will be improved performance for policy operations. During the upgrade, a progress indicator will be displayed on the Policies page, and the Security Console will be fully functional for normal activity.
- The Security Console now records Not Applicable (NA) policy scan results more efficiently, reducing storage requirements in the database. Also, the Security Console integrates policy scan results 60 percent faster. After applying this update, the Security Console will automatically migrate policy data to the new storage structure.
More informative scan logs | product
Scan logs provide more detailed progress updates about discovery operations during a scan.
Changes to the Support page | product
PDF documentation, such as the API guide, is no longer included in the installer, so that new Security Console installations consume less disk space. The Support page in Help still provides links for downloading PDFs; however, these links now reference pages in the Rapid7 Security Street community.
End-of-life for 32-bit installations
Rapid7 will end support for 32-bit versions of Nexpose on May 7, 2014, for both Windows and Linux operating systems. After that date, Rapid7 will not test Nexpose or provide updates, bug fixes, or technical support for Nexpose on 32-bit installations. For more information, see the end-of-life policy at http://www.rapid7.com/docs/end-of-life-policy.pdf.
Product Update IDs
- Linux 32 | Update ID: 2914609646
- Linux 64 | Update ID: 1932160324
- Windows 32 | Update ID: 4281544061
- Windows 64 | Update ID: 4209524024
Content update ID
InstallersReleased on July 17, 2013 (see the FAQ).
Download the appropriate md5sum file to ensure that the installer was not corrupted during download:
Virtual AppliancesReleased on July 17, 2013.
Download the Virtual Appliance Deployment Guide.