This update includes 6 new modules, including an exploit for SerComm. It also contains a new auxilary and post modules for SerComm, MS08-067, Firefox and malware.
In addition, this update fixes 2 issues.
- SerComm Device Remote Code Execution by Eloi Vanderbeken and Matt "hostess" Andreko exploits OSVDB-101653
Auxiliary and post modules
- SerComm Device Configuration Dump by Eloi Vanderbeken and Matt "hostess" Andreko exploits OSVDB-101653
- SerComm Network Device Backdoor Detection by Eloi Vanderbeken and Matt "hostess" Andreko exploits OSVDB-101653
- MS08-067 Scanner by hdm, Brett Moore, frank2, jduck, sho-luv, and wvu exploits MS08-067
- Firefox XSS by joev
- Multi Gather Malware Verifier by sinn3r
Notable Changes and Resolved Issues
- 8733 - Add a tool for uploading malware sample to VirusTotal
- 8738 - Allow virustotal.rb to search checksums for reports
How to Upgrade
Metasploit Pro is upgraded using the Administration menu and choosing the option Software Upgrade. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video in the Rapid7 Community.
PRO 4.8.2 updates to 4.8.2-2014011501
MSF3 4.8.2 updates to 4.8.2-2014011501