This updates Metasploit to 4.9.2.
This addresses CVE-2014-0160 (the OpenSSL Heartbleed bug). All components previously vulnerable have been upgraded or recompiled against OpenSSL 1.0.1g, including:
After applying this update, we strongly recommend re-generating your SSL keys and certificates. Please see security advisory for the heartbleed vulnerability for instructions and more information.
This update also includes 7 new exploit modules and 10 auxiliary/post modules since Metasploit 4.9.0.
- ibstat $PATH Privilege Escalation by Kostas Lintovois, Kristian Erik Hermansen, and Sagi Shahar exploits CVE-2013-4011
- Fritz!Box Webcm Unauthenticated Command Injection by Fabian Braeunlein, Michael Messner, and unknown exploits OSVDB-103289
- LifeSize UVC Authenticated RCE via Ping by Brandon Perry
- Linksys E-Series TheMoon Remote Command Injection by juan vazquez, Johannes Ullrich, Michael Messner, Rew, and infodox exploits OSVDB-103321
- SePortal SQLi Remote Code Execution by jsass and xistence exploits CVE-2008-5191
- WinRAR Filename Spoofing by juan vazquez and chr1x exploits OSVDB-62610
- JIRA Issues Collector Directory Traversal by juan vazquez and Philippe Arteau exploits CVE-2014-2314
Auxiliary and post modules
- OpenSSL Heartbeat Information Leak by juan vazquez, Antti, Christian Mehlmauer, FiloSottile, Jared Stafford, Matti, Neel Mehta, Riku, and wvu exploits CVE-2014-0160
- Katello (Red Hat Satellite) users/update_roles Missing Authorization by Ramon de C Valle exploits CVE-2013-2143
- AlienVault Authenticated SQL Injection Arbitrary File Read by Brandon Perry
- EMC CTA v10.0 Unauthenticated XXE Arbitrary File Read by Brandon Perry
- DNS Amplification Scanner by xistence
- HTTP Header Detection by Christian Mehlmauer and rick2600
- JBoss Status Servlet Information Gathering by Matteo Cantoni exploits CVE-2008-3273
- Oracle Demantra Arbitrary File Retrieval with Authentication Bypass by Oliver Gruskovnjak exploits CVE-2013-5880
- HP LaserJet Printer SNMP Enumeration by Matteo Cantoni
Notable Changes and Resolved Issues
- 8780 - Msf::Auxiliary::Nmap - ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished Error
- PostgreSQL upgraded to 9.3.4
- Nginx upgraded to 1.4.7
- OpenSSL upgraded to 1.0.1g
How to Upgrade
Metasploit Pro is upgraded using the Administration menu and choosing the option Software Upgrade. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video in the Rapid7 Community.