This Rapid7® ControlsInsight® 2.6 release includes new features and improvements.
Filter assets based on specific criteria
The asset filtering feature on the Threats panel allows you to see and assess different subsets of assets based on business context or other criteria leveraging Nexpose RealContext™. For example, you many want to track the progress of a particular member of your IT or security team in deploying security controls. Or you may want to gauge the security posture of assets in a certain geographic location within your organization. You can use filters based on the following criteria:
- inclusion in specific Nexpose sites or asset groups
- asset criticality, or business importance
- asset ownership, which allows you to track how well certain members of your security or IT team are deploying security controls
- asset location, which allows you to compare security trends in different geographic areas
- custom tags, which provide user-defined business context, such as certain departments within an organization
Simply click a filter, select any or all of the items displayed in a pop-up window, and then either save the filters as default settings or just apply them for the current session, depending on your needs. The Threats panel and trend charts refresh to reflect the new filters. With multiple filters, only assets that meet all filter criteria are displayed.
ControlsInsight, leveraging RealContext from Nexpose, allows you to focus on the controls that matter most to your business.
Changing or filtering asset scope changes all data points for the entire trend chart. For example, if your trend period begins on March 30, and you change or filter scope on June 5, all data points between March 30 and June 5 are adjusted to reflect the change.
You can also run reports based on these filters.
Streamlined default time range for trend charts
By default, the date range in trend charts now includes the past 30 days instead of the entire ControlsInsight deployment history. This allows you to view the most recent and relevant trend information right away.