This week's release includes 5 exploit modules and 1 auxiliary and post-exploitation module.
Auxiliary and Post-Exploitation Modules
Notable Fixes and Changes
- PR #5080, Added meterpreter support for wildcards and recursion with 'ls' and 'download'
- PR #5147, Added an exploit for CVE-2015-1592, MovableType deserialization
- PR #5290, Added a Wordpress RevSlider upload and execute module
- PR #5299, Added shell_command for PowerShell sessions
- PR #5305, Added an exploit for CVE-2015-0336, Flash NetConnection Type Confusion PR #5307, Added a Brocade login scanner (original PR #4888)
- PR #5321, Added an exploit for CVE-2015-0359, domainMemory ByteArray Use After Free
- PR #5241, Fixed a json parsing bug with the sqlmap plugin (Issue #5222)
- PR #5313, Fixed a bug in the bind_tcp stager (Issue #5310)
- PR #5314, Fixed the default values for new SNMP login scanner parameters
- PR #5320, Fixed failing specs with new versions of OpenSSL (Issue #5319)
- PR #5323, Fixed the default credentials for netgear_sph200d_traversal (Issue #5322)
- PR #5324, Fixed enum_domain_group_users identifying the Windows domain (Issue #5318)
- PR #5306, #5311, Fixed a similar bug in several exploits (Issue #4987)
- PR #5303, Moved the Java payloads to the metasploit-payloads gem PR #5317, Updated the minimum Ruby version to 2.1.6
- Pro: Adding a tag that starts with a number no longer results in an error.
- Pro: The related logins table on the Credentials tab from the single host view now shows the IP address if the host does not have a host name.
- Pro: A tag can now contain a substring of another tag.
- Pro: The Delete, Clone, and Reset buttons on the task chain workflow now have tool tips.
- Pro: The Add Targets modal no longer appears off screen when adding a large number of targets.
Upgrading after December 23, 2014
If you did not update to Metasploit 4.11.0 prior to December 23, 2014, you will need to read this handy blog from Eray Yilmaz to learn how to successfully update your Metasploit instance: HOTFIX: Metasploit Startup Issues After Upgrading to 4.11.0 (Update 2014122301). The standard method that you use to update Metasploit will not work if you are updating after December 23, so it is critical that you update Metasploit using the steps outlined in the blog.
How to Upgrade
To upgrade Metasploit Pro, go to the Administration menu and select the Software Updates option. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video.
PRO 4.11.2 updates to 4.11.2-2015040801
MSF3 4.11.2 updates to 4.11.2-2015040801