We realize not everyone is comfortable (or able to) disclose their real name or other information in their Rapid7 Community profile. The good news is that you have the ability to control the privacy of your profile information in a very granular way.
For almost all the fields in your user profile, you have the option to make these fields visible to:
- Only registered users
- Your friends/connections in the Rapid7 Community
- Just yourself
Here's how to do it:
- Make sure you are logged in to the Rapid7 Community!
- Once logged in, click your user icon/avatar -- hopefully you've changed it from the default to something interesting! -- it's on the right hand of the top menu bar, near the search/magnifying glass icon.
- Upon clicking your user icon, a drop-down menu will appear -- click "Edit Profile"
- You'll now be at a screen with the option to update or modify your user icon/avatar -- this is a great opportunity to personalize it if you haven't yet!
- Click the tab that says "Privacy"
- You'll now see all the fields in your user profile, including any information you've already filled in. You can set the privacy levels for each item to whatever is best for you.
- If you want to double-check you've set everything the way you like it, use the "Preview your profile" option.
By default the Rapid7 Community site will display your full name if you provide it and make it visible, but if you'd like to only display a nick or handle you're more well known as, modifying your privacy options is a good way to make sure you're represented the way you're most well-known.