This week's release includes 2 exploit modules.
- Zpanel Remote Unauthenticated RCE by brad wolfe, brent morris, dawn isabel, and james fitts exploits CVE-2013-2097
- Safari User-Assisted Applescript Exec Attack by joev exploits CVE-2015-7007
Notable Fixes and Changes
- PR #6041: Added an exploit for Zpanel info disclosure exploit (please note there is dispute about whether there was a CVE for this: https://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework/issues/6133)
- PR #6078: Fixed failure scanning some targets using vnc_none_auth (fixes #6078)
- PR #6099: Fixed issue where make_nops did not take into account all the compatible encoders (fixes #6004)
- PR #6106: Fixed crash in msfconsole when using tab completion with spool enabled
- PR #6110: Fixed broken exec_powershell post module
- PR #6116: Added 'Windows XP SP3 French' support to minishare_get_overflow
- PR #6117: Fixed php_include module when PHPRFIDB is set
- PR #6122: Added an exploit for Safari applescript:// remote code execution (CVE 2015-7007)
- PR #6127: Added a new registry_key_exist? post API method
- Pro: MSP-13277: Importing Nexpose data into a project with existing hosts now works as expected. All hosts are updated with any vulnerabilities discovered by Nexpose.
- Pro: MSP-13273: Searching by host name and host address now work as expected on the Notes, Services, Vulnerabilities, and Captured Data pages. The search results include the hosts that match your query.
Upgrading after December 23, 2014
If you did not update to Metasploit 4.11.0 prior to December 23, 2014, you will need to read this handy blog from Eray Yilmaz to learn how to successfully update your Metasploit instance: HOTFIX: Metasploit Startup Issues After Upgrading to 4.11.0 (Update 2014122301). The standard method that you use to update Metasploit will not work if you are updating after December 23, so it is critical that you update Metasploit using the steps outlined in the blog.
How to Upgrade
To upgrade Metasploit Pro, go to the Administration menu and select the Software Updates option. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video.
PRO 4.11.5 updates to 4.11.5-20150102801