This week's release includes 2 exploit modules and 0 auxiliary and post-exploitation modules.
- China Chopper Caidao PHP Backdoor Code Execution by Nixawk
- Wordpress Ajax Load More PHP Upload Vulnerability by Roberto Soares Espreto and Unknown
Notable Fixes and Changes
- PR #5720: Improved the reliability and usability of the firefox_creds post module
- PR #6077: Added support for running Python scripts inside of Windows Meterpreter
- PR #6089: Adjusted the HTTP plugin namespace to match MSF conventions
- PR #6103: Added an exploit for the WordPress "Ajax Load More" Auth File Upload vuln.
- PR #6118: Improved library support for parsing HTML/XML/JSON HTTP responses
- PR #6120: Added stageless Python Meterpreter payload support
- PR #6144: Added exploit for Chinese Caidao / China Chopper webshell remote code execution
- PR #6146: Added a new 'show_mount' command for showing drives on Windows meterpreter
- PR #6147: Changed CheckCode::Vulnerable to always call report_vuln. This causes many more vulnerabilities to be reported where they were not before.
- PR #6171: Bumped base Metasploit version number to 4.11.5
- PR #6172: Fixed problem encoding unicode strings with jsobfu
- PR #6173: Improved usage of msfconsole command line for module advanced info and options
- PR #6180: Updated 'psexec' to use PowerShell automatically if the target supports it. psexec_psh as a separate module is now deprecated.
- PR #6189: Updated oscommerce_filemanager to not send the Content-Length header twice
- PR #6195: Removed obsolete client-side browser build ID detection
- Pro: MS-630: The Push to Nexpose button is disabled on the Vulnerabilities Index when you have not selected any exceptions or validations.
- Pro: MS-632: The Push to Nexpose button is disabled on the Vulnerability Validation Findings window after exceptions and validations have been pushed.
- Pro: MS-677: When the Push to Nexpose confirmation window appears from the Vulnerability Validation Wizard, you must click the 'X' to close the window. Do not click the 'Cancel' button. Clicking 'Cancel' will prevent you from being able to push validations and exceptions.
Upgrading after December 23, 2014
If you did not update to Metasploit 4.11.0 prior to December 23, 2014, you will need to read this handy blog from Eray Yilmaz to learn how to successfully update your Metasploit instance: HOTFIX: Metasploit Startup Issues After Upgrading to 4.11.0 (Update 2014122301). The standard method that you use to update Metasploit will not work if you are updating after December 23, so it is critical that you update Metasploit using the steps outlined in the blog.
How to Upgrade
To upgrade Metasploit Pro, go to the Administration menu and select the Software Updates option. To see how to upgrade your Metasploit installation, view this video.
PRO 4.11.5 updates to 4.11.5-20150110801