AnsweredAssumed Answered

msfconsole: Could not find i18n-0.7.0 in any of the sources

Question asked by Firewall Engineer on Mar 18, 2016

First of all, thanks to all for the hard work of developing Metasploit framework, other tools and scripts and also for maintaining this site. You guys did a good job. Keep it up.

I have a problem with Metasploit after updating it via msfupdate just now.

I’ve been googling around and trying the following steps as suggested but none of them work.

Here is the information of my Kali Linux which is installed in VirtualBox and steps taken to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, it’s not working. Please let me know if I missed anything else here or if you need more info to resolve this.

fw@testbox:~$ uname -a

Linux testbox 4.3.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.3.3-5kali4 (2016-01-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux

fw@testbox:~$

fw@testbox:~$ msfconsole

Could not find i18n-0.7.0 in any of the sources

Run `bundle install` to install missing gems.

fw@testbox:~$ sudo bundle install

[sudo] password for fw:

Don't run Bundler as root. Bundler can ask for sudo if it is needed, and installing your bundle as root will break this application for all non-root users on this

machine.

Could not locate Gemfile or .bundle/ directory

fw@testbox:~$ # TEST SOLUTION FROM http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20599920/how-to-solve-could-not-find-i18n-0-6 -5-in-any-of-the-sources-bundlergemnotfo

fw@testbox:~$ # How to solve “Could not find i18n-0.6.5 in any of the sources (Bundler::GemNotFound)” AWS deploy

fw@testbox:~$ bundle pack

fw@testbox:~$ bundle install --path vendor/cache

fw@testbox:~$ sudo bundle pack

Could not locate Gemfile

fw@testbox:~$ sudo bundle install --path vendor/cache

Don't run Bundler as root. Bundler can ask for sudo if it is needed, and installing your bundle as root will break this application for all non-root users on this

machine.

Could not locate Gemfile

fw@testbox:~$ bundle update i18n

Could not locate Gemfile

fw@testbox:~$ sudo find / -name Gemfile.lock

find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied

/usr/lib/dradis/Gemfile.lock

/usr/lib/dradis/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rack-test-0.6.3/Gemfile.lock

/usr/lib/dradis/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rails-4.1.9/guides/code/getting_st arted/Gemfile.lock

/usr/lib/dradis/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/resque-status-0.4.3/Gemfile.lock

/usr/lib/dradis/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/sass-3.2.19/test/Gemfile.lock

/usr/lib/dradis/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/bcrypt-3.1.9/Gemfile.lock

/usr/share/beef-xss/Gemfile.lock

/usr/share/metasploit-framework/Gemfile.lock

/usr/share/metasploit-framework/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/rack-test-0.6.3/Ge mfile.lock

/usr/share/metasploit-framework/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/network_interface- 0.0.1/Gemfile.lock

/usr/share/metasploit-framework/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/bcrypt-3.1.11/Gemf ile.lock

fw@testbox:~$ cat -n /usr/lib/dradis/Gemfile.lock | grep i18n

110        i18n (~> 0.6, >= 0.6.9)

160      i18n (0.7.0)

If there is any progress on this issue, I’ll update it on my blog as well. Hopefully I can help others who experiencing the same problem too.

https://firewallengineer.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/msfconsole-could-not-find-i18n -0-7-0-in-any-of-the-sources/

Outcomes