AnsweredAssumed Answered

Metasploit persistence

Question asked by Edgar Allan on Jul 22, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 by hello underworld

So I've been using Kali for about 6 months now and I must say I find it quite useful. However, I haven't been using Metaspolit properly. I read a couple of pages about it, but not many cover persistence and maintaing access. I can establish a connection on my private network (I have Kali on my laptop and I connect with my PC), but the persistence doesn't work properly. So there is this option to upload your own .exe and it will be persistent. So now I have a couple of questions regarding this and persistence:

1. What kind of .exe should I use for this module? And in which of Kali's tools should it be created?
  2. Is there a better way to maintain access?
  3. Should I code my own RAT or get more familiar with rootkits? Is what Metasploit offers enough for a private network?
  4. Is there a way to establish a connection if the machine running Kali is shut down? For example, to make it so that the machine that you are "attacking" is awaiting for a connection and trying to reconnect back. So that when you turn on your Kali and try to connect you recieve a connection.

I hope someone can answer these questions.

Outcomes